If you were in the Lego movie, instead of singing "Everything is Awesome" your anthem would be "Everything is Awful".
2. You choose other's needs over your own.
3. You're lying to yourself and others about how you really are.
4. You don't know who you are anymore and don't know what to do about it.
5. You are in robot mode. What. Are. "Emotions".
6. You don't remember the last time you had fun.
7. You don't have boundaries at all. Like, ZERO.
8. You don't speak up for yourself.
9. You don't connect at all with your inner child.
10. You're a workaholic.
For the record, I have experienced each and every single one of these signs and sometimes I still fall back into my old factory setting. I was a robot for a REALLY long time, people! Beep bop boop.
In fact, some of the signs I used to be super proud of and even *gasp* defended (raise your hand if you're a workaholic!).
Here are some lies I used to tell myself to remain stuck in my comfortable and very joyless life:
Speak up for myself? I can't do that... it's impolite! Besides, I don't want to be "that" person
I can't cry right now. I've got shit to do! Emotions are so inconvenient
I don't need anything. I'm good. How can I help YOU?
I can't / go on vacation / rest / enjoy myself. I've got so much stuff to do!
I'm totally okay! *INTERNALLY SCREAMING*
I'm nothing without my job
So do any (or all) of these ring true for you? If so, do not panic. It doesn't mean you're a lost cause. Quite the opposite really!
Now you have the AWARENESS that something is out of alignment and that is officially the first step on your map to joy. Woohoo!!
You're already moving from step zero to 1. Easy, right? As for the second step, I will reveal in the next blog post...
And if you're one of those people who really doesn't like waiting or hates surprises, you can always just skip ahead and book a free consultation with me HERE.
From my heart to yours,